The workshop is designed to help those facing employment barriers for a variety of reasons. While most of these reasons will not disqualify an individual from participating, there are some specific eligibility requirements. To be part of the program, you must:
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Possess an original (or have applied for a) current (not expired) government-issued photo ID and social security card.
- Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screen.
- Be willing and able to work.
- Be living in stable housing and expect to remain in stable housing for the foreseeable future.
- Have no schedule conflicts (appointments, child care issues, other obligations) for the entire two-week workshop (10 days of class).
- Learn to see the world with a grateful heart, and desire, above all else, to walk more closely with God in every aspect of life.
- Be committed to living a life of honesty and integrity, and be willing to adhere to positive standards of accountability.
Important Notice: Anapplicant must be physically, emotionally and mentally able to attend, participate and successfully complete all components required to graduate the two-week workshop. An applicant must be physically, emotionally and mentally able to begin job search upon completion of the workshop and must maintain communication with the WorkFaith jobs coach.
WorkFaith Birmingham reserves the right to request any documentation that supports the applicant’s ability to meet the aforementioned requirements. WorkFaith Birmingham also reserves the right to deny services if any or all requirements are not satisfied.