About the Program
WHo is Eligible?
Anyone facing employment barriers who meets the eligibility requirements below is encouraged to participate. To be part of the program, you must:
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Possess an original (or have applied for a) current government-issued photo ID and social security card.
- Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screen.
- Be willing and able to work.
- Be living in stable housing and expect to remain in stable housing for the foreseeable future.
- Have no schedule conflicts (appointments, child care issues, other obligations) for the entire two-week workshop (10 days of class).
- Be committed to living a life of honesty and integrity, and be willing to adhere to positive standards of accountability.
- Learn to see the world with a grateful heart, and desire, above all else, to walk more closely with God in every aspect of life.
Important Notice: An applicant must be physically, emotionally and mentally able to attend, participate and successfully complete all components required to graduate the two-week workshop. An applicant must be physically, emotionally and mentally able to begin the job search upon completion of the workshop and must maintain communication with the WorkFaith jobs coach.
WorkFaith Birmingham reserves the right to request any documentation that supports the applicant’s ability to meet the aforementioned requirements. WorkFaith Birmingham also reserves the right to deny services if any or all requirements are not satisfied.
What will i learn?
Our two-week workshops are designed to fully equip and empower all participants to become successful. The workshop is unlike most other workshops in the country, as skilled professional trainers engage participants, encourage interaction, and equip them with fundamental skills that will help them become employable and successful. If you choose to be a part of this workshop, be prepared to work hard, have fun, and find a network of friends that will help you succeed.
Through our program, graduates will:
- Learn to speak the truth about their past
- Learn how to fill out applications correctly
- Learn how to write a resumé
- Learn the best practices to get a job
- Learn how to interview well and pursue the desired job
- Learn how to keep a job
- Learn how to move forward in career development
How do i get started?
1) Carefully Review the eligibility requirements above.
2) Download and complete an application and submit it to our office in person or by email.
3) Once your application is reviewed, one of our staff will meet with you to learn more about your needs and to assess your eligibility for the program.
4) After the interview process is complete, you will be enrolled in the next workshop.
Important: Missing any part of the two-weeks will require you to drop out of the workshop and reschedule for another one. Make sure you don't have any scheduling conflicts that will prevent you from attending each of the 10 days of the workshop.
Who Hires Graduates?
WorkFaith Birmingham empowers graduates with the skills they need to obtain a job themselves. Based on their experience and skills, graduates have been able to obtain employment with the following companies:
Air Flow Products
American Family Care
Animal Center Westover, AL
Automation Temp Service
Caldwell Animal Clinic
Chipotle Mexican Restaurant
College Admissions & Retention Solutions
Comfort Inn and Suites
CRC Insurance Services
Education Corp of America
Express Temp Service
Hanover Health & Rehab
Innovative Billing Solutions
Innovative Staffing Solutions
Iron Worker’s Union #92
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
Jefferson County Board Of Education
Kitmiller’s Litter Management
The Lovelady Center
Mental Health Department
Oak Mountain Hobbies
Rite Aid Pharmacy
Save-A-Lot Grocery Store Service Master Clean
Steven’s Home HealthCare
Tri City/Scottsboro UAB
U.S. Social Security Administration
Winn Dixie Stores, Inc.